EKS 314 can operate up to 16 hours on single battery charge and boasts high-performance speeds due to innovative technology
HOUSTON (Oct. 26, 2016) Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc., the provider of Jungheinrich® lift trucks and narrow aisle products in the United States, Canada and Mexico, today introduced the new 3,000-pound capacity Jungheinrich EKS 314 order picker to its North American product line. This new energy-efficient model can run up to 16 operating hours on one battery charge, a benefit unique to the Jungheinrich EKS 314, maximizing the operator’s productivity.
The new model can reach order-picking heights up to 366 inches and is specifically designed for high-pick-rate and high-density storage applications. The EKS 314 boasts top travel and hydraulic lift speeds in addition to extended 1,000-hour service intervals, decreasing the frequency of routine maintenance and overall ownership costs.
“Over the course of a shift, an operator on this particular order picker has, on average, an increased pick rate of 10 to 15 percent,” said Brian Ford, warehouse manager at Dixon Valve, a customer of MCFA. “We typically run this machine for two full days before recharging. Even on the second day, we have the confidence of knowing this Jungheinrich product will last until the end of the day.”
“Designed for increased productivity, the EKS 314 series sets new standards in order picking,” said Chad Munger, product line manager at MCFA. “This model delivers long run times and long-term value. We are excited to offer this new series to our North American customers.”
Unique benefits of the EKS 314 high-level order picker include:
- Advanced proprietary three-phase AC technology – The EKS 314 utilizes advanced three-phase AC technology, ensuring strong acceleration, high lifting and lowering speeds, lower energy consumption, and longer run times. Combined with regenerative braking, regenerative lowering offers immediate use of generated power providing prolonged battery life. This advanced technology allows operators to run the order picker up to 16 hours on one battery charge.
- Stable control handle base – This solid, intuitive control handle allows operators to grip it securely during travel, yet retain precise control of travel and lifting functions. The angle and height of the base are engineered for maximum operator comfort to enhance on-the-job confidence.
- Fold-up monitored side gates – The side gates are nested and out of the way when in the up position, giving the operator maximum access when picking products.
- Stable operator platform – Designed with the operator in mind, the platform includes an ultra-comfort cushioned floor to help isolate the operator’s feet and legs during order picking and driving, providing enhanced stability. Removable storage bins and 5 volt 2 Ampere USB power supplies allow operators to store their items and charge accessories while working.
- Sealed components – For greater longevity, the EKS 314 includes more reliable operation and added protection in dusty or moist environments, minimizing downtime and maintenance costs.
- Full-color interactive display – The display panel shows key performance indicators and truck status information in an easy-to-read manner for increased awareness.
New Jungheinrich products are supported by a one-year/2,000-hour warranty that includes parts and labor, as well as components and systems, and a two-year/4,000-hour extended powertrain warranty. All Jungheinrich products are backed by the Parts Fast or Parts Free Guarantee that ensures next-business-day delivery by 5 p.m. of Jungheinrich parts or the parts are free, including freight, in the United States. For customers in Canada and Mexico, the guarantee ensures shipping of parts within 24 hours of the time the order was placed.
To learn more about the new EKS 314 high-level order picker or the complete Jungheinrich North American product line, visit www.logisnextamericas.com/en/jungheinrich.
# # #
About Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc.
Manufacturer of high-quality material-handling equipment
Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high-quality forklifts and warehouse products in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean. Based in Houston, the company distributes three distinct brands – Mitsubishi forklift trucks, Cat® lift trucks and Jungheinrich® warehouse products – through its extensive dealer network. All products are backed by industry-leading customer service and superior product support. For more information about MCFA or any of its brands, visit Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America, Cat Lift Trucks, Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks or Jungheinrich Forklifts.
Leading provider of warehouse products for more than 60 years
Jungheinrich® ranks among the world’s leading brands of material-handling equipment and material-flow and warehousing technology, offering a comprehensive range of technologically advanced forklifts and very-narrow-aisle lift trucks. Through a manufacturing and distribution agreement with Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc., Jungheinrich forklifts are distributed through MCFA's extensive dealer network located throughout North America. Additionally, MCFA manufactures a number of Jungheinrich-branded forklifts and supplies Jungheinrich parts from five distribution centers located in California, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Texas. With capacities ranging from 2,000 to 19,800 pounds, Jungheinrich forklifts offer customers unique solutions for warehousing applications. Jungheinrich has more than 340 dealers throughout North America and more than 236,000 parts stocked in the U.S. For more information on Jungheinrich, please visit Jungheinrich Forklift Trucks, Jungheinrich Forklifts on Facebook, Jungheinrich Forklifts on Twitter, Jungheinrich Forklifts on YouTube and Jungheinrich Forklifts on LinkedIn.