Using the latest lithium-ion technology, the Jungheinrich maintenance-free battery features an impressive life expectancy of up to 3,000 discharge cycles. By comparison, the average service life for lead-acid batteries ranges from 900 to 1,200 cycles.
“With fast and efficient charging times, the EJE walkie pallet truck with lithium-ion technology allows increased vehicle availability and greater flexibility for day-to-day warehouse tasks,” said Chad Munger, product line manager at MCFA. “The newly designed lithium-ion battery also provides a high level of efficiency when charging – allowing it to quickly reach 50% charge status after 85 minutes with its on-board charger. This results in an energy savings of more than 20 percent.”
Unique benefits of the Jungheinrich EJE walkie pallet truck with lithium-ion battery include:
- Unrestricted usage and quick charging capacity – The Jungheinrich lithium-ion battery does not emit gas or utilize acid, allowing it to be used in sensitive applications like food storage.
- Increased vehicle availability and high level of energy efficiency – The battery may be used continuously in multi-shift operations. The increased efficiency in comparison to conventional lead-acid batteries significantly reduces energy costs.
- Optimized charging processes with high-frequency charger – Extremely short charging times guarantee a high level of vehicle availability and greater flexibility for day-to-day warehouse tasks. Fifty percent of the battery is reached after only 85 minutes of charging time. Full charge is reached after only 210 minutes, and the charge can be interrupted at any time with no adverse effects.
- No battery maintenance – The lithium-ion battery is maintenance-free, largely eliminating the cost of battery upkeep, maintenance and infrastructure. In addition, the enclosed design (IP54 rating) protects the battery from dirt, dust and splashed water.
- Integrated Battery Management System (BMS) – The Jungheinrich BMS continually monitors energy management and ensures reliable operation. The current charge state appears in the vehicle’s display (SOC) and includes the recovery of battery power.
New Jungheinrich products are supported by a one-year/2,000-hour warranty that includes parts and labor, as well as components and systems, and a two-year/4,000-hour extended Powertrain warranty. All Jungheinrich products are also backed by the Parts Fast or Parts Free Guarantee that ensures next-business-day delivery by 5 p.m. of Jungheinrich parts or the parts are free, including freight, in the United States. For customers in Canada and Mexico, the guarantee ensures shipping of parts within 24 hours of the time the order was placed.
To learn more about the new Jungheinrich lithium-ion battery option for the EJE 120 walkie pallet truck or the complete Jungheinrich North American product line, visit www.logisnextamericas.com/en/jungheinrich.
About Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc.
Manufacturer of High-Quality Material Handling Equipment
Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high-quality forklifts and warehouse products in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean. Based in Houston, Texas, the company distributes three distinct brands – Mitsubishi forklift trucks, Cat® lift trucks and Jungheinrich® warehouse products – through its extensive dealer network. All products are backed by industry-leading customer service and superior product support. For more information about MCFA or any of its brands, visit Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America, Cat Lift Trucks, Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks or Jungheinrich Forklifts.
Leading Provider Of Warehouse Products For More Than 60 Years
Jungheinrich® ranks among the world’s leading brands of material handling equipment and material flow and warehousing technology, offering a comprehensive range of technologically-advanced forklifts and very narrow aisle lift trucks. Through a manufacturing and distribution agreement with Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc., Jungheinrich forklifts are distributed through MCFA's extensive dealer network located throughout North America. Additionally, MCFA manufactures a number of those Jungheinrich branded forklifts and supplies Jungheinrich parts from five distribution centers located in California, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Texas. With capacities ranging from 2,000 to 19,800 pounds, Jungheinrich forklifts offer customers unique solutions for warehousing applications. Jungheinrich has more than 340 dealers throughout North America and more than 240,000 parts stocked in the U.S. For more information on Jungheinrich, please visit Jungheinrich Forklift Trucks, Jungheinrich Forklifts on Facebook, Jungheinrich Forklifts on Twitter, Jungheinrich Forklifts on YouTube and Jungheinrich Forklifts on LinkedIn.